Now that good weather is finally here, we are thinking about Mother’s Day which is coming up soon! What was the most memorable Mother’s Day gift that you received from your children or gave to your own mother?
Are you still in need of a gift idea? Show your Mom how special she is to you. With the energizing weather, help you mom clean up the house and start decorating! Here are 6 tips for you and your mom to help decorate her house!
Everyone has a room in their house that is crying out for a little TLC, and now is the time to help your mother tackle it. Where should you begin?
Well no more worries, because we have the six easy steps of decorating so you can transform any room in no time.
1) FIND AN ITEM THAT YOU LOVE – It can really be anything. It could be a pillow, a rug, or even a painting. Maybe it’s that antique rocking chair she has stuffed in your garage, or the candleholders she bought on the family trip to Cape Cod. The only requirement is that it is something she LOVES and something that she will LOVE to look at everyday. Use this as her first piece of inspiration for her room. Her Inspiration Item will help guide all of the remaining design decisions for her room.
2) EXPORE A FABRIC STORE – Take your mother to the nearest fabric store. Wander and peruse the aisles. Pick all the fabrics that strike her the most, and then narrow it down to her favorites. Because there are so many fabrics out there, picking the ones that suit her taste the best can help define her overall style, making it easier to select coordinating paint and furniture.
3) SELECT YOUR FURNITURE – First, take stock of all the furniture she will need to make your room functional. For example, a sofa, some armchairs, a tv console, a coffee table, end tables, and a rug should work for most living rooms. Then, use her inspiration item and her fabric choices as a guide when she is selecting the style of your furniture. For example, if her inspiration item is a sleek vase, and her fabrics have cleaner lines or a more modern pattern, a low profile contemporary sofa will fit perfectly into her design.
4) COORDINATE PAINT – This is where people get the most stressed, but it’s really the easiest decision when it comes to design. Simply refer to her fabric or Inspiration Item. Are there any colors or tones in that she is attracted to? Does that color make her feel the way she want her room to feel? Does she think it would look nice on her walls? Then take the fabric to a paint store and have them match that color. It really is that easy!
5) DRESS HER WINDOWS – The way you decide to dress her windows plays a big role in how the room feels. For someone new to window treatments, the selection and design process can feel overwhelming. Find an accredited window treatment specialist to make this process a snap.
6) ACCESSORIZE – Here’s where you and your mother can have fun and go wild. Find things that she love to look at or that have nice memories behind them to add instant interest and the finishing touch to any room. Consider artwork, pillows, lamps, mirrors, vases and statues that work with the feel of her room.
PRESTO ROOM CHANGE! In six steps, you can help your mom transform an uninspired room into a space that reflects your mom’s taste and style for years to come. Happy Mother’s Day!
We are offering a 10% discount to new products for the months of May and June (Mother’s Day and Father’s Day Gift specials)
Additional Consumer rebates for the products below:
Mention this blog to get the discounts.
Happy Window Dressing!